6#
 樓主| diamond 發表於 2006-8-31 15:45:24 | 只看該作者
William Sir,

星期五晚見.

Thanks
7#
almondtang 發表於 2006-8-31 22:52:38 | 只看該作者
Dear K.K./William/Diamond,

You can never imagine how my DIY PV3 sing.  It is sweet, musical and lively.  With only one piece of AX7 and AT7 (only default EH), it can already deliver superb sound quality and plunge.  I have lent it to my brother who is also totally shocked by its performance.  

To me, it is really a good experience, like going into the heart of music.  I am a new DIYer and am very happy to come up with this first baby.

Thanks to K.K. and William sirs for your patience and experience.  The diagram is really difficult to me but I did manage to tackle it.  

It is worthwhile for every music lover to do one piece for yourself.  It is really fun and exciting (when your completed product sings sweetly).
8#
william 發表於 2006-9-1 09:51:02 | 只看該作者
almondroca,

Very glad to hear that, yes, CJ PV3 is really good and after you have done some upgrade like changing tubes and some major caps, it will be even better.

We are also very happy to hear each preamp starting to sound and hope all DIYer can learn from the process so that they can do other stuffs more easily in the next time
9#
kk_ho 發表於 2006-9-1 14:38:22 | 只看該作者
Hello,

the diagram is hard to work and understanding for the begineer who make the first pre-amp.

Once you have learning and draw it, you will know the experience for this, this make you easily to understanding and have the enough skill to make another circuit. M7, GG, etc.

No need to follow the instruction to make it step by step, every people have their own connection diagram. And understanding more than follow one method.

BTW, keep to doing the DIY.....

See you at our another DIY course.

KK.Ho
10#
almondtang 發表於 2006-9-1 14:39:15 | 只看該作者
William,

I did have some upgraded components.  I dare to say that my preamp has even more high-end components in its cabinet than some other branded preamps asking us for more than HK$30k.  I am also confident that my preamp beat the default version in your office.

RMG resistors - to give clean and precision sound
Tango choke - it worths more than double of its price.  It gives me silky-smooth and vivid sound like some expensive milk tea in a high-class restaurant.  It might be the heart of good sound.
Hovland capacitors - from the front-end 0.1uf to the last output of 2.0uf.  I didn't use Jensen due to the price range and I used to love the sound of Hovland.  

I didn't upgrade my attentuator to RMG since I believe Dale is also a good choice.  

I totally spent about HK$5.5k but my preamp sounds like HK$40k (when compared to the Hovland preamp I listened to in Central).  To me, the HK$5k is valuable because I have now got:

1) a high quality preamp I long for;
2) the knowledge and experience in DIY;
3) the sense of achievement when it sings;
4) the confidence in DIYing another M7/Matisse/GG since the power board is universal.

To me, the HK$50k is not 'small' money.  However, I would save it from lowering my expenses in lunch, dinner and other entertainment since DIY the preamp gave me a new experience in music.  I think this principle will be agreed by many other music-lovers.

Almondroca
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 22:53 , Processed in 0.029960 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表