[複製鏈接]
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-14 21:12:05 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

try connect gound whith cdp33's ground

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-14 21:21:51 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

thanks!
you mean the PINK circle GND have to connect to cdp ground? which grounding i have to connect?

樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-14 21:48:48 | 顯示全部樓層
hi superwhite,

can you post back side of opa board.

thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-14 21:58:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

one point touch pin 4 and ground connect the white colour area.
pin 7 also.
I think the white colour area is connect with ground from power socket.
please check first.

yours photo enclosed.

thanks.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-14 22:04:57 | 顯示全部樓層
hi viewer,

Thanks alot, you have point out the main point, the OPAMP GND, bcoz i didn't connect it to ground at all, so the voltage not stable, after i connect the ground cable, n measure the voltage it 15.5V very stable, i should put the ground cable at the first day, but will try see got any improvement.

MANY MANY THANKS to you viewer :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-14 22:09:22 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I very happy to hearing from you. It dosen't matter.
enjoy the music.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-14 22:24:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

HAHAHA......, is my mistake, the GND from the OPAMP is important, the ground is connected to the BG cap NEG(-) shit! i shouldn't make this mistake, lucky the system not BLOW! :  :  :

Thanks, will run in for long to see any changes.

below is pic that i using silver cable to ground the OPAMP

thanks for sharing.
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-15 10:26:19 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

In case it still not solve the problem and need the opa2604 back just let me know : )
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-15 14:09:40 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

is o.k now, i solve the problem. it thanks to viewer, give a lot of advice :wink: , so what is your next progress? hope i can help you little bit ....... :
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-15 14:47:38 | 顯示全部樓層
superwhite,

planning to get some blackgate cap, not intent to do any big modification cause some people here say no need do too many mod in CDP, buying a DAC is better. One of them say the MHZS C88 after big mod still not as good as as un-mod MHZS CD88 with a DAC.....

how about your friend? statrting mod his cd33?
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-15 15:05:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

ofcause putting a DAC is good, but price???, you are buying almost 2 CDP.
After buy the DAC can you said no improvement???? it also need to match with you CDP then you need to bring your CDP to match with all the DAC. Some more, more component, i assume sound will be slow(maybe).

So it all depand on you lah!!!!!  :  : in this world you cant have cheap with good sound, right? :wink:

Even i MOD my CDP using lot of $$$$, the improvement is only little, but it FUN.

P/S if you buy a $1000 CDP compare to $5000 CDP sure got different, but do you think the sound different ALOT? the only different maybe improve 20%, so.... you want to pay 5time more $$$ to buy? it mean in HIFI, you want to improve in sound you need to spent alot!!!!!

Just my2 cent, thanks for sharing! enjoy the music
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-15 16:48:52 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Need your help, do you know about the TUBE with "D" getter halos n "O" getter halos? any sound different?  :wink:

Thanks for sharing.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-15 22:07:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I am not expert on tube. so I cannot give you comment. sorry!!!!

anyway "D" or "O" just listen you. belive your ear.

I only belive my ear.

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-15 22:10:13 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi windwss,

I totally agreed with superwhite's comment.

This is diy fun la !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can learn much in diy.
If you got diy main point and experience, you will save a lot of money and got very good sound for your tastes.

Thanks for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-15 22:36:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Thanks for reply :wink:

will get some jensen cap from partsconnecxion soon, hope it will be my right choice :wink: to replace at the tube coupling cap.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-15 23:38:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Do you know where(HK) can find lowerest price for RIKEN RMG resistor? Bcoz WINDWSS friend will going down to hong kong next week, n roughly how much for 1/2W n 1W?

Thanks for sharing. :wink:
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-15 23:45:48 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,
HE CAN BUY IT AS FOLLOW WEB SITE:
ADDRESS OF THESE COMAPANY WHICH MENTIONED IN ITS WEB SITE.

www.soundexplorer.com

www.vocativeaudio.com

Thanks for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-15 23:53:56 | 顯示全部樓層
hi viewer,

Thanks, will tell WINDWSS. :wink:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-16 09:16:56 | 顯示全部樓層
Agree with both of u that DIY is quite fun n really learn a lot..... : )

Viewer,
Do u know any place in HK can repair the tweeter/speaker drive? My friend's Monitor audio tweter partially burn and it is old model not easy to get replacement thus may need repair. He will go HK next monday.

Is vocative or sound explorer can do the repair?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-16 09:34:06 | 顯示全部樓層
hi windwss,

they have modification services, he can ask them.

Thanks.
dcastle16 發表於 2006-11-16 10:42:30 | 顯示全部樓層

halo..

Hi,

I am a new MHZS CD33 user, just bring my new player back this week.
Plan to change all the e-cap to Blackgate N-series but have no idea which brand of the film-cap represent the best sound quality.
But even the player haven't mod (I changed the tube to WE396A only), I feel it batter than my old Marantz cd67 MK2 SE.

Thanks to my friend Superwhite who introduce this player to me.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-16 12:47:21 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Abhader08,

Your name looks COOL man!!!!! :  :  :

Welcome to CD33 MOD forum, is a good start to have test the tube, after that choose the RIGHT tube that you like most, only than start MOD :shock: . it will bring you couple of month of joy, fun n satifaction :wink: .so hope you like the sound of CD33, over here i still new, you can always bring up your problem, if i know will give you some advice......    

as you mention, will change all to BG E-cap, is actually the best cap in the market, for the film cap..... is still up to your taste, you can choose Jensen, Mundorf, Solen SCR, AudioNote, Hovland, n many many more.... just that we cant choose your taste, right? :wink:

Just my 2cent, thanks for sharing. the most important is ENJOY THE MUSIC!
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-16 14:54:07 | 顯示全部樓層
Abharder,

If u wish to try the tungsol tube i can lend it to u....don't always WE396A only...ha..ha.. if not later your modification will be same as superwhite...

Don't tell me your taste is exactly same as superwhite....
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-16 15:03:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

:  :  :  :  :  :  :  :  :
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-16 17:38:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi windwss,

I think anyone who have his taste, I will not gave comment on which tube is the best, I only belive my ear.

I think superwhite's  modified cdp is situable his taste.

Just for sharing.
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-17 09:09:44 | 顯示全部樓層
Ha..ha... yaloh..everyone have his own taste : )
some doubt need u all's advice....

i had measure the voltage across my 47uF/160V e-cap & found that the measured voltage is 115V, in this case do u think a blackgate 47uF/100V e-cap can sustain/work with 115V?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-17 09:22:42 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi windwss,

I suggect you to use at lease 40% more volts  of e-cap  is better which measured voltage is 115V.  

You  measure the voltage across my 47uF/160V e-cap & found that the measured voltage is 115V, in this case, use 47uf/160v is save.

have you modified it or consider a DAC??????

thanks for sharing.
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-17 09:48:08 | 顯示全部樓層
he..he we still do some modification, especially on power side... as u said modification is fun...n i also enjoy it....

what i worry is that when i keep put in n remove the cap at the same place...the board will damage fast....my board material not very good leh... if the component on the circuit board can plug &play then will be easier : )

so far had change the power coupling cap, a few resistor, the 47uF/160v ecap (last month). last week just change the opa5532 to 2604 and some cap...but found not that nice then cahnge backthe cap n remain 2604.

my problem is that i feel that my sound is more musical n confortable before change to 2604... even though 2604 is much clear n detail...

so no choice i still need to do more modification to obtain the sound i want : )

Anyway must thanks viewer &superwhite who help me a lot in this....
dcastle16 發表於 2006-11-17 10:19:53 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

From what I know tungsol is not a good tube for CDP may be it suitable more for OCTAVE's amp. I still like thw WE's sound or else i will try others if i found Bandit.  :  

Hi Superwhite,

How is my quotation?
Have you work out for me how much shouid i invest over all?
Where else you want to bring me for good Hifi shop?
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-17 14:17:41 | 顯示全部樓層
Abharder,

Try to listen to your ear on your system, it might be different from you thought.....if u 12 try just let me know lah....i got 2tungsol....
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-17 14:19:46 | 顯示全部樓層
viewer,

u now using CD33 with the lite DAC or using CD33 without using DAC?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-17 14:34:03 | 顯示全部樓層
hi windwss,

My cd33 also connect with Lite DAC-AH (heavy modified).

sometime listen CD33, sometime listen CD33 with DAC-AH, very enjoy both.

I also have other system:

CD Transport (Audio Alechemly DDR pro)
Diyeden 01 Plus DAC moidified.

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-17 14:49:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi windwss,

My LIte DAC-AH's photo which duty heavy modifiacetion.

add clock,
add changed e-cap with flim caps in power supply,
changed all box cap to UCC spp caps.
changed outup caps to ERO MKT 10uf/ with MKP 0.1uf/
changed opa from opa602 to AD797AH (Metal case.)

Thanks.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-17 15:51:37 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi WINDWSS,

HAHAHA....... As i told you that DAC no doubt is good, but if you need BETTER sound you still need to MOD it, but i can assure that the MOD cost will cost you a BOOM also, you dont belive, ask viewer :wink:

both CDP DAC n standalone DAC have their own sound, so if you think that you want to use standalone DAC, choose the BEST one, if not you still need to MOD, if not buy the Standalone DAC, just MOD the CDP DAC loh, still the need to MOD what. if you need YOUR sound, right. you cant use 2 DAC at the same time.

Hi viewer,

Nice n Clean Job, well done, i assume the sound is sweet on your DAC?  :wink:

Thanks for sharing. enjoy the MOD process too.......
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-17 15:58:15 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:e2254ebd96="Abhader08"]
Hi Superwhite,

How is my quotation?
Have you work out for me how much shouid i invest over all?
Where else you want to bring me for good Hifi shop?[/quote]

Hi Abhader08,

the quo with me pls come n collect, n the price :  :  :

As you know, over here how many shop we have, i think you have visit all the GOOD GOOD shop already, so...... :?  you still keep on asking? Go to HONG KONG hifi shop loh :shock:

you want Bendix? can, About USD160, are you o.k with this price?
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-17 16:03:34 | 顯示全部樓層
[quote:1b9fbc5b1a="WINDWSS"]viewer,

u now using CD33 with the lite DAC or using CD33 without using DAC?[/quote]

Hi WINDWSS,

Aiyoh....... ops:  ofcause if you use Standalone DAC you got to use the optical output lah(the digital signal before converted by DAC) ops:  ops:  ops:
SSWONG 發表於 2006-11-17 16:14:42 | 顯示全部樓層
Viewer,
your DAC很有型!If want me to mod like you i will 手软 :?
so i better just 乖乖do some mod on my cdp enough...
Since u had use UCC spp i would like your opinion.
Is ucc spp sound better than their tin foil cap? but the tin foil cap is more expensive oh!
compare UCC SPP to SCR fast cap(tin foil) any difference? i saw the price similar...

ahharder,
Don't scare buy superwhite... if u want the biedix 2C51 then much cheaper, the eclipse-pioneer (bendix old version) not bad, it is ~USD7only not include delivery cost yet... if u 12 try tell me lah... unless u like vocal very very much then keep WE396enough....
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-17 16:17:47 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I only like to coxial outup to DAC. because its sond become solid and 3D and
detail than optical output.

It is the fact of difference between coxial and optical outup.
You may try it. just fun.

I also changed the curists of opa from - input to + input, because china dac like to copy other DAC. so sometime has a problem. when correct that point, the sound is become real and 3D much than original. although the DAC is use Philip TDA 1543  eight pieces in parallel.

thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-17 16:27:03 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite and windwss,

It is the original Lite DAC-AH reference photo (red pcb) for sharing:

Thanks.

Windwss,

spp cap is shap than scr solen. but scr solen is musical than it a little bit.

I use spp cap is base on TDA1543 is warm and slow sound, so i use it to let the sound clear.
If use in you CDP i think you can try spp cap will be make the sound clear.
up to your taste.

Thanks.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-17 16:41:08 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

My lite dac-ah was buy from 2nd hand market in HK at $480.00 only, brand new is HK$780.00  and mofidication cost used around HK$1,500.00.
althought cost is high, but its sound is better than some oversea dac price around $8,000.00 because i do have compare with my friends DAC.
They also buy it and do modifity.

It compare with MHZS CD33 after modified, the result is very very close
Is it can buy in your country ???????

Thanks for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-17 18:03:23 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Thanks for sharing, yes, over here have DAC, but not much choice, most of people here not knowing the DAC, so not so many shop import the DAC, but we have DAC Kit over here, but dont know the sound quallity :?

not going to try the DAC as no reference over here. will continue to MOD until sound suit my taste(cup of my tea).  :wink:
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-18 11:59:31 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

ask you some question, you have any problem on reading CDR? my one since o.k, but Abhader08 have problem on reading some CDR. is this bcoz of sony len problem? or the mechanism problem? pls help..... :cry:

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-18 12:18:57 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

I have try cdr in cd33, no problem.

but I suggect don't read cdr too much, because read cdr, the leaser light must be high, although the leaser head had auto detect. since then the leaser head's life will short.

Thank for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-18 12:29:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Thanks for super FAST response,

maybe will let it run another week to see any problem, if the problem getting worst, will exchange with new unit. :wink:

look like the BG price worst, until now cant change all to BG, any alternative? 4,700uF 16V  n 4,700uF 25V. Planning change to Panasonic FC, what do you think about the sound of Panasonic?

Thanks.
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-18 12:54:55 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,

Panasonic FC e-cap is quit good (musical) sound. which is for audio use.
other ELan for audio, Nichicon muse, EOR, Rifa is ok.
remark Rifa e-cap is high cost but lower than black gate e-cap.
Nichicon muse 90% same as Black gate stardard type.
Eor is very sweet and warm sound.
Rifa for high notes, very clear sound.
I also put psnasonic FC e-cap in my poocket headphone amp, it provide sweet and musial sound. it is 70% same to black gate. I think is situbale your cd 33. or Nichicon muse.
because you used M-cap it can make it soft.
black gate stardard e-cap provided powful than it.
black gate N type for outup.
Black gate FK and Stardard for power supply.
FK is high costs.
Just my view.

Thanks for sharing.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-18 13:12:22 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Thanks, your info help alot, we can't find nichicon muse n elna audio e-cap over here. the only i can find is panasonic FC. so no choice. :  :  Will try n see any different. :wink:
dcastle16 發表於 2006-11-20 11:11:20 | 顯示全部樓層
hi superwhite,

r u sure u 12 try the panasonic fc e-cap, y don't u save that fund for a better cap, if the improvement is not much compare with the origanial cap then forget about it. if u 12 mod must go for the best cap.

Cambridge audio int amp for sale at only 590.00. what u think is that good value for money? how about naim 90.3 power amp for 1,500.00? audiolabs 8000P for 1,200.00? interested?

:  :  :  :  :  :  :
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-20 11:47:43 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Abhader08,

True also bro, but i still have alot of thing to buy, like power cord, speaker cable, hope you can understand,  :  i know BG is the best, but my pocket not the best(eat also got problem) :  :  :

8000S is more than enough lah, only drive a chicken speaker. Thank you so much..... :

you want cambridge audio amp? are you sure?
 樓主| viewer 發表於 2006-11-20 12:37:00 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi superwhite,
psnasonic FC e-cap is good for audio must better Robyon stardard style.
I think when you replace it, your cdp's sound will be muscial than now much.

I am wait for your modification.

Thanks.
superwhite 發表於 2006-11-20 18:48:46 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi viewer,

Just order the Panasonic FC cap, but only can get the 4700uf 16V, the 25V have to wait for 4days . but it o.k atleast got stock :wink: . plug only 2 cap at the power supply side, look like the bass is louder, i guest, have to run for few hour n see the changes. :wink:
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 12:17 , Processed in 0.042616 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表