查看: 4641|回復: 1
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Cheap amp for Stax SRD7 and SR-X headphone

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
Karacorum 發表於 2012-5-14 15:54:30 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Dear all, greetings.

I have to confess that I enjoy listening to music but know very little about HiFi. Some time ago I happened to pick up a pair of Stax SR-X MK III 'earspeakers', which I use with a Yamaha RX-V467 AV amp (the family use it for TV and such). Although not what people consider good equipment, I quite like the sound of it. But the complexity of needing to re-connect wires and change settings from multi-channel to stereo and back is stopping me from using it everyday, so I set forth to buy an amplifier just for the headphone.

Initially I turned to a good friend who was into vintage tube amps, and he let me try out one of his 'good' amp with geniune vintage tubes. He even suggested that I could keep it at no cost, but after finding out that how much the tubes cost I have to give it back to him - it is too much a gift to accept; and frankly I don't like the sound of it. It is full of harmonics, very warm but muddy.

I then read about the T-amps on forums and tried out a few, since people say that the headphone don't need much power to drive - they were wrong. The 25W ones clearly didn't give enough sound and even the bigger ones (50W if I remember correct) sounds awlful when I turn volume up.

So could anyone suggest something which will work for under $2000? I don't mind buying used but when I check I found that stereo amps are very expensive, plus I will be concerned about realibility if it is too old.

Thanks in advance.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 23:40 , Processed in 0.026346 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表