找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 6006|回復: 5

GOLD LION KT66 - Disappointed

[複製鏈接]
alpha2007 發表於 2008-11-2 20:41:23 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
GOLD LION KT66 REISSUE:
I have brought 4 tubes and after used for half year, 2 of them are out of service... I found the 雲母 inside has some white droplet spilled out!!  :shock:

The tubes have "fire works" shown inside and I have to switch my amp immediately. Then, I replaced them with EH6L6 and everything was back to normal.

Then, I called the tube shop for complaint. They said there is no warranty at all after half year and cut my call thouhgt I have not finished!!

I WILL NEVER BUY ANY REISSUE GOLD LION AGAIN!!! :evil:

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
SSWONG 發表於 2008-11-3 10:09:11 | 顯示全部樓層
Understand the reissue tube is made in Russia.....
alfcat 發表於 2008-11-4 08:18:34 | 顯示全部樓層
I have FOUR Gold Lion Re-issue KT88. I used them more than 2 hours each day and so far no problem at all.

Don't jump to the conclusion on the KT66 so fast.

First, where did you get your KT66? From your message, the seller doesn't seem to be a reliable one. I know that some HK sellers get blank tubes from Mainland and print the LOGO on to make them like brand name tubes.

Second, should your amp be fitted with 6L6 or KT66 in the first place? I used to have a 6L6 amp. THEORETICALLY, it could be substituted with KT66. After giving the schematics to some friends, they told me that I need to do some adjustments before I can "safely" replace the 6L6 with KT66.

Third, my KT88 gold logo peeled off after around 100 hours of use. Only the "mark" is left behind. I checked with one or two friends and they said theirs peeled off as well. From the photo, yours seem to be still intact ....

CAT
accphoto 發表於 2008-11-4 10:56:22 | 顯示全部樓層
I have KT88 Gold lion reissued, I used it on my Pre-owned Mc275 for almost   6 months, so far so good. May be it is an isolated incidient as MC275 runs very high voltage which blow my JJ KT88. Check whether your KT66 is a geniune KT66 reissue, and also check the bias of your amp to see whether the amp has changed the bias. What amp you are using on the KT66 ?
 樓主| alpha2007 發表於 2008-11-16 19:26:52 | 顯示全部樓層
yes, the tubes are no fake. They cames with the boxes and matching data... The amp I used is my DIY QUAD II. Surely it fits KT66 as the transformer has enough heater current and all working voltages are checked.

I have used four Chinese NOS 305B which had no problem at all...
alfcat 發表於 2008-11-16 23:18:59 | 顯示全部樓層
Sorry, no offence. You are an expert DIYer or just a beginner?

I do DIY for just 1.5 years and throughout this year, I made a lot of mistakes because there are so many things that I don't know.

I don't mean to challenge you but did you check everything after finishing your Quad II? Voltage, BIAS, etc.

Friends of mine also used Re-issued KT 66, KT 88. Some even got more than ONE sets running right now. They have been using these tubes for over 1 year. No problem found so far.

Just hope that you won't be that "unlucky".
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 21:39 , Processed in 0.031439 second(s), 26 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表