找回密碼
 註冊
查看: 9204|回復: 16

又有嘢玩 / New Project Today

[複製鏈接]
alfcat 發表於 2008-1-25 21:35:56 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式
今日做了病貓大半日, 終於切埋部 McIntosh C-22. 好笑的是這部機連 case 都無 ... 做來至在打發時間.

Been sick for half a day and being idle with nothing to do, I finally make up my mind to finish the McIntosh C-22. I don't even have a case for this baby .... do this just to kill time ... ha..ha..

CAT

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
abelwoo 發表於 2008-5-8 14:47:36 | 顯示全部樓層
nice man u bought another pre-amp ? now u got Marantz 7 n Mcintosh C22 preamp how abt this 2 preamp character thanks
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-9 10:06:29 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi Cuoreboy,

Ha.. ha.. I got THREE. I got a Matisse, a M7 and a C-22. Fortunately, I SOLD the M7 and the C-22 already. BOTH sold to my colleagues, without making any Profit. Just do them for fun.

The M7 sounds warm, not pushing, not powerful. I like it very much and it produces FEMALE vocals very nicely. It is like you will fall in love with the lady singer because the sound is so sweet.

The C-22 is also good. It is gentle as well but not as warm as the M7. I like the M7 most.

Frankly speaking, I am going to make another M7 after I finished over-hauling the KT88 Power Amp this week. Will post the photos when I am done.

CAT
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-9 13:15:03 | 顯示全部樓層
哈哈,咁好,賣左的 pre-amp,
我都想賣左部 SP-10 ,不過無人要。
CAT 你做邊部 KT88?
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-9 14:35:41 | 顯示全部樓層
SP-10 finished.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
abelwoo 發表於 2008-5-9 15:24:34 | 顯示全部樓層
wow nice work ..... accphoto really sifu heheheh

ermm M7 not dynamic is warm i like it i normally listen to female vocal i try to work it out thanks man

lol i found M7 n PSU board i pretty cheap at hifi fever shop but not ship international
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-9 15:43:22 | 顯示全部樓層
Ask Admin, they should ship overseas if you paid the exta.
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-9 16:11:29 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Accphoto,

For the Pre-amps, I took them back to the office after I finished them. My colleagues looked at them and they said they want a test run. Normally I have them half run in when I take them back ... so when the pre-amps arrived at my colleagues' homes, they sound better and better as time proceeds.

Finally, after using a week or so, they don't want to give them back to me ....  :

For the KT-88, it is a CARY SLA-70 Signature. Actually I am not building it, instead I am "re-constructing" (over-hauling) it. I have to do it bit by bit as the original construction by CARY is indeed TERRIBLE. The Americans just get the thing done and they care not whether you want to service it.

Hopefully I can gather all the parts and then finish the whole thing by next week. I will post the photos here so you can see the difference; before and after. The whole thing is done by Direct Soldering.

CAT
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-10 22:38:04 | 顯示全部樓層
Very Good strategy, so you posion them first and get them on hook ! @_@
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-11 08:50:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Accphoto,

TRUE. My colleagues and I had been working together for over 15 year and we know each other well. Although I just start making these Hi Fi toys one year ago, they have faith in my soldering skills and alike, ha..ha...

The most important, of course, is we don't mind sharing our equipment now and then. As most of us got a car, we just bring the toy back to the office for others to see and then let them take it back home for a test run.

The KT88 I mentioned, I drove to Tung Chung to pick it up as it is really heavy. I don't want my colleague to break his back.... ha...ha... :

So how does your SP-10 sound like? You are using a tube to help in  rectification? Your photo is a bit small (can't enlarge) and I can see there are some large white caps there (x2).

CAT
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-11 08:52:06 | 顯示全部樓層
Oh, forgot to ask ... why do you need TWO Power Supplies?

CAT
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-11 13:01:42 | 顯示全部樓層
SP-10 sound like SP-10 ..... ^_^ , very laid back and musical but still running in. I use MIT cap and does not like it and I just change to kimber now and quite happy. The two large white caps are two big MIT 12U caps.  I think you ask  why I use two transformers ? Basically, SP-10 need quite a complicated power supply, 280V , 6.3V for the power supply tubes regulator and two independent  12.6V heater as one heater had to connect to high tension. and also 9V for the input selector. So I need two transformer to cope with it.  SP-10 is famous for using a big 6L6 as tube stabilizer so you do need a lot of power supply.
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-12 11:07:38 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Accphoto,

I bought another set of Marantz 7 from Sound Explorer just now. Will build it hopefully in within the coming week.

You visit that shop often? I visit them almost once every week for the last month, ha..ha...

CAT
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-12 15:26:10 | 顯示全部樓層
Yes, i do, i normally there during the weekend.  You buy a lot of kit! Their marantz 7 is actually quite good even though the circuit is a little bit different than the original one. Did you bought the tube stabilizer circuit too ?, the attached photo is what I have build from their circuit and of course it is a separate power supply for marantz 7

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-12 17:23:39 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Accphoto,

Wow, you are wonderful. How many sets did you construct throughout the years? It looks like you got everything! Ha..ha...

No, I am just a beginner and I dare not try the Tube Stabilizing thing as I have no confidence in constructing it by just looking at the schematics.

I would like to seek your opinion on this one too. Some said using Tube Rectifiying is not good compared with using resistors. Others said using tube as rectifier gives more "Tube" sound .... sigh.

This time I got the LITE PCB and use the Matisse rectifying board. Will show you the photos later. The original Sound Explorer one got Phono which I don't need. Therefore, the shopkeeper advised me to use LITE.

BTW, what does Ah Yuen call you? Your English name? He called me Cat Sir just as others.

CAT
accphoto 發表於 2008-5-12 18:45:25 | 顯示全部樓層
膽穩壓一般來說音場會穩定一些,如果只用 RC 或 LC 濾波,聲音可能活潑的,但音場細節就會無咁好。你話前級易做又得,難做又得。易做者是容易出聲,難做得好聲。出面幾多十萬的前級,貴在電源處理。主線路唔係 2 級放大 (MATISEE) 就是 2 級放大加 陰極輸出( marantz or C22) ,大同小異。貴的就是穩壓,用甚麼穩壓。

上面的穩壓就是以前做比 7 仔的。個箱好舊,十幾年,今個假期做過新箱,做萬用穩壓。
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2008-5-12 23:12:24 | 顯示全部樓層
Thank you. I now understand more.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 22:12 , Processed in 0.042824 second(s), 26 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表