找回密碼
 註冊
樓主: Kiko

MHZS - Mystery of the DAC Chip

[複製鏈接]
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-12 18:56:54 | 顯示全部樓層

To Raymond:

Hello Raymond,

at the moment I have problems with sending mails at hififever.com, dont know why. So I must write back on this way:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a cd66e cd player from MHZS,and read about your mods.
I have problems with noise from my player from time to time.....
I want to use my Burson opamp after the tubestage.But they amps up the noise.
Burson said that I can bypass the tubesection.In other words I can go from the
filtering 2604 after the dac and go right to the opamp in the outputstage....?
Do you have any comment on this tweak,or is there any other things to be carefull
with???
Raymond.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Raymond,

the MHZS has a little problem with noise, thats true, but its a constant problem. In your player (you say.......from time to time) there must be something wrong. This is unusual. That analogue output stages are very good but very sensitive. Burson is right, bypass the complete tube output stage. I dont know how sensitive this stages is to DC from the devices in front. So I would recommend you to take the signal from the end of the white caps, but please desolder - only this 2 ends - and connect them only to Burson stage. Make shure that this solder point is disconnencted to everything else, because the high voltage of the tube stage can break your Burson amp.

In the next stage I would bypass the 2604, it isnt as good as many people write about it. Try the passive solution as in posts before. Can you show Burson or send him the link to hififever and let him say what he is thinking about it, because he knows best of us all about the requirements of his stage?

Kiko
alfcat 發表於 2007-12-12 20:59:14 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear KiKo,

1. In next time I want to buy your RC1. How to install - in chinese?
How uninstall RC1? The steps with your picture from yesterday.
----------------------------------------------
安装RC1: 将RC1模块上连接好的电线连接到图中 STEP 1 所示位置.
将图中所示 STEP 2位置的两个用焊锡相连的焊盘分离,
将图中所示的 STEP 3 的开关"1" 打到OFF 状态,即这个开关 "1"与"2"是OFF, "3-5"是ON.
在图中RE-CLOCK 位置的插座上插上RC1.

[In English]
To install RC1: Connect the wires from Module RC1 to the position labeled in STEP 1.
Separate the two soldered connection points in Step 2.
Turn Dip Switch 1 in STEP 3 to the OFF position, i.e. dip switch 1, 2 is OFF and 3, 5 are ON
Place RC1 in the photograph's RE-ClOCK position.

KiKo, I don't see a "RE-CLOCK" position label in the diagram!

拆去RC1:将RC1的电线从STEP 1 处焊走,
将图中所示的STEP 2 两个焊盘用焊锡连上
将图中所示的STEP 3的开关"1" 打到"ON"位置.

[In English]
Dis-assemble RC1: De-solder RC1 wires from the position stated in Step 1
Re-solder the separated points in STEP 2
Turn the dip swtich 1 in STEP 3 back to ON.

End of Part 1
alfcat 發表於 2007-12-12 21:09:38 | 顯示全部樓層
Here comes Part 2

2.replace SM5840-how to set a new DF - maybe DF1704 in place where has be SM5840. How to change sharp/soft after replace in cd player?
使用DIP28的转换板,这将不能将DF1704直接焊接到原CD机中SM5840的位置,只能尽量短地将DATA,BCK,WCK等输入输出端口用引线连接,再接上+5V与GND,架空在原SM5840上方.
你需要告诉我你的CD机使用的DSP 与DAC的芯片型号,或将CD机的线路图发给我,这样才可以预先设置好DF1704的状态.
从DF1704的PIN27连接一个开关,通过这个开关就可以控制声音的SOFT/CLEAR

Use DIP28 adaptor. You cannot directly solder DF1704 onto the position of SM5840 inside your CD. All you can do is to TRY connecting DATA, BCK, WCK these inputs & outputs termiinals by means of hook up wires in the shortest distance. Then, you connect back +5V and GND and make the whole thing float on top of the SM5840.

You need to tell me which model of DSP and DAC chip sets your CD is using, OR you can send me the schematics of your CD player. Then I can pre-set the DF1704 status for you.

Connect from PIN 27 of DF1704 an ON/OFF switch. Through this switch you can control SOFT/CLEAR of the output volume.

End of Part II
alfcat 發表於 2007-12-12 21:17:37 | 顯示全部樓層
Part 3 .... ha...ha... This is getting interesting

3. In your DAC - sharp/soft DF1704.

That will help very much if you can write it again in your language, please.
--------------------------
图中所示的开关"2",拨到ON位置是SOFT,拨到OFF是CLEAR,
如果方便操作,你可以将开关拨到OFF,然后在机箱后面安装一个拨动开关,开关如图所示连接到DF1704的PIN27及GND,这样就可以在不打开机器的状态下控制

Turn the switch 2 in the photo to the ON position will be SOFT setting. Turn it to OFF will give you CLEAR.

If you want to make it convenient, you can switch it to OFF and then install an external switch outside the case connecting to PIN27 & GND of DF 1704 as shown in the photo.

End of Part III
alfcat 發表於 2007-12-12 21:25:38 | 顯示全部樓層
And FINALLY this one:

Hi!Kiko:
Sparrow 是专门为 Sennheiser 或音色偏温暖或中性的耳机设计制作,
它的声音表现较中性,平衡,而稍带有一点甜美,
作为一个前级使用或缓冲器(BUFFER)使用,声音也会表现得很清晰而甜美.
它有一组RCA输入,一组RCA输出,一组耳机输出,应用了我们最新的电流增益技术.
Kingwa
[/quote]

Sparrow designs especially for Sennheiser and other headsets that come with a warm or neutral sound. Sound Sparrow produces tends to be Neutral, Balanced and a bit sweet.

As a Buffer or a Pre-Amp, it will sound clear and sweet.

It has one set of RCA input, one set of RCA output, one headphone output, making use of our new technology in "current amplification".

<Kiko, I am not too sure about the last term "current amplification" as I don't know that technical term in Chinese, sorry. I put it down just by guessing.>

CAT
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-13 00:32:55 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Alf,

thank you very much for your friendly help!

The adjustment for sharp/soft on digital filter will be interesting for a lot of modding guys, me too.

To your sentence "KiKo, I don't see a "RE-CLOCK" position label in the diagram! ",

I think it must be here, as shown in the pic:

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-13 00:51:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Alf, you wrote: "Connect the wires from Module RC1 to the position labeled in STEP 1". I dont understand now; is it enough to attach the reclocking module in the place "clock module" on PCB or is it necessary to connect two pins of the module to the place on step1?

Do you understand how the module must be turned before installing?

Here are some pics of Kingwa`s module; it seems to be placeable on both ways. On the other side there is a bigger cap on the left side, so - I believe- it can only be placed in that way, that the longer side of the module must be above the red DIP switches, or is it wrong?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-13 01:09:25 | 顯示全部樓層
Deleted double post....sorry
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-13 01:21:49 | 顯示全部樓層
Furthermore the clock for Players called JZ-1 seems to be very interesting: It contains different outputs for all frequencies at ANY TIME!

8.46MHZ  / 11.28MHZ / 16.93MHZ / 33.86MHZ.

Insofar it is compatible to the most players and if it migrates to another player the owner must not buy everytime a new clock.

Watch the outputs..... 4 Freq and ground :shock:

Very intelligent solution 8)

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
alfcat 發表於 2007-12-13 09:14:52 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear KiKo,

I think I MISSED something in Part 1. Perhaps that is why it caused the confusion.

安装RC1: 将RC1模块上连接好的电线连接到图中 STEP 1 所示位置.

Let me do this again and see if this is better.
INSTALL RC1: Connect the ALREADY CONNECTED wire(s) in the RC1 module to the position(s) marked in STEP 1.

I am not sure whether there are ONE or TWO wires as in the Chinese version Kingwa didn't tell exactly how many wires should there be.

is it enough to attach the reclocking module in the place "clock module" on PCB or is it necessary to connect two pins of the module to the place on step1?

This one confuses me as well. In the INSTALL RC1: instruction, it says connect the ALREADY CONNECTED wire(s) in the RC1 module ... There are wires already connected? As I have no idea what this RC1 is and what it does, I can only directly translate what Kingwa said onto you.

It looks like there are lots of interesting TOYS with the site you sent me. Some look like "monsters" to me, ha..ha... I have no idea what this module is and how it should be placed. Sorry about that.

CAT
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-13 09:54:26 | 顯示全部樓層
:-k ......I wrote a mail to Kingwa and gave him the link to this thread. He will help to understand.

Thank you Alf!
fatman1971 發表於 2007-12-14 04:31:20 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: To Raymond:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Raymond,

the MHZS has a little problem with noise, thats true, but its a constant problem. In your player (you say.......from time to time) there must be something wrong. This is unusual. That analogue output stages are very good but very sensitive. Burson is right, bypass the complete tube output stage. I dont know how sensitive this stages is to DC from the devices in front. So I would recommend you to take the signal from the end of the white caps, but please desolder - only this 2 ends - and connect them only to Burson stage. Make shure that this solder point is disconnencted to everything else, because the high voltage of the tube stage can break your Burson amp.

In the next stage I would bypass the 2604, it isnt as good as many people write about it. Try the passive solution as in posts before. Can you show Burson or send him the link to hififever and let him say what he is thinking about it, because he knows best of us all about the requirements of his stage?

Kiko[/quote]

Hi.
Yes you are right about the noise.Its constant.I can hear it when its silent in the beginning or in the end of songs.Someday less,and other day its a little bit more.When playing with The burson amps,I connect the grount to the starground on the printboard,I get more noise/humming????

Here is what the Burson team said:
I was wondering about that
  OPA2604 too. I think that maybe I/V stage for the DAC output. Have you test
  our opamp in that place? It should work Please do not quote me for this but
  I think the two tubes there are just the buffer stage to introducing some of
  those "tube sound".... Have you tried to by pass the tube output? By passing
  the tube buffer should allow you to remove the decoupling cap at the RCA....
  which should further clean up the sound.
Bypassing the two tube has a few advantage. Assuming some of the noise is generated from the tube remove of the tube can certainly help you clear things up (improve resolution) by passing with or without cap I can not be sure.

Yes thats all.
Raymond.
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2007-12-17 10:44:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear Alf,

could you do us foreign / me foreign the favour please when you have time?

Thank you,
Kiko

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi!

What is the difference between C-2C and Sparrow? The price difference is great - 165 for one, 310 for the other. Whats the reason?

Sparrow 是专门针对Sennheiser 的HD580-650进行调整的,声音表现出较中性但有一点甜美,但有些用户也将它去驱动其他一些低阻抗的耳机,并认为表现不错,
C2C具有强大的驱动力,声音表现极为传真,相当于将CD机或DAC的声音通过一条有增益但没有音染的线材连接到耳机,这就要求你的CD机或DAC具有较高的档次,否则,CD机或DAC的失真,不和谐声将被传递到耳机中.

The 2007版摩机并联稳压电源板: Can you adjust diodes for 2 positive
voltage? Do you have transformers according to this unit?

可以定制各种电压电流,价格是USD23.4, 我们有各种合适变压器配套.

Can you describe the sounds of pre, power and int. amps? Two int. amps are smaller and not so expensive, how are they compared to the other?
我们的功放分类如下, 高传真类:C99,FBI500,FBI400, 相当于 一条有增益但没有音染的线材.
小许染色类,335K,声音稍一点厚,低频稍一点加强, SA100,
声音表现出丰富的谐波,这就象一些胆机的中高频表现,低频驱动力当然比胆机要强大.
MK2,声音表现出注重于中高频光彩华丽,

Often I see chinese text and the only I can read are words Mark Levinson and Krell.
Does it mean, the sound stage can be compared to ML and
Krell?
NO, 我是使用与她们相同的技术,但声音校调上会稍人性化.

I see on your delivery list very much poeple buy you new CD3. In english there is nothing on your website. Can you write to me about your
CD3?

CD3目前发出的都是两三个月前预定的,
这台CD使用DVD机芯,以提供准确的读盘能力,声音保持细节还原的状态下,有一定的音乐韵味,减少录音时产生的不和谐音.

Kingwa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alfcat 發表於 2007-12-18 20:42:15 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear KiKo,

I am pretty busy these days. Let me do this translation for you guys bit by bit. You have to be patient, ha...ha...

What is the difference between C-2C and Sparrow? The price difference is great - 165 for one, 310 for the other. Whats the reason?

Sparrow 是专门针对Sennheiser 的HD580-650进行调整的,声音表现出较中性但有一点甜美,但有些用户也将它去驱动其他一些低阻抗的耳机,并认为表现不错,
C2C具有强大的驱动力,声音表现极为传真,相当于将CD机或DAC的声音通过一条有增益但没有音染的线材连接到耳机,这就要求你的CD机或DAC具有较高的档次,否则,CD机或DAC的失真,不和谐声将被传递到耳机中.

[English] Sparrow is specially designed and tuned for Sennheiser HD-580-650. Sparrow sounds neutral with a bit of sweetness. Still, some users use the Sparrow to drive other low resistence (= high impedience??) Headphones. These users are also satisfied with the Sparrow's performance.

C2C got tremendous driving power. It gives off realistic sound equivalent to connecting an "boosting" but with no "overwhelming effect" cable from your CD or DAC directly to your headset. (This last sentence is hard to translate.... Hope you guys understand). This has high demand on your CD player (i.e. you need a good CD player) or else any distortion will be magnified and transmitted to the headset.

So much for the first part.

CAT
fatman1971 發表於 2007-12-23 22:34:43 | 顯示全部樓層

Re: To Raymond:

Have bypassed the tube buffer.The noise is gone.Only thing is the sound is so clear that it become to analytic... :cry: Any suggestion what to do next.Maybe other value on the cap after the filter...Maybe not use the cap at all....?
Marry Cristmas to all of you Diy dudes.
Raymond.
nikolas 發表於 2009-5-4 16:24:05 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi
I’m new here and speak little English
I have the problem with the dac in Mhzs cd66
I try to Removed the DAC cover and the pcm1742 and 100ohm
Came out with cover what can I do now?
Where can I found new pcm1742
Can you help me?
Thanks’ a lot
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:24:10 | 顯示全部樓層

Xiang Sheng 708B Headphone-/ Pre Amp

It was long ago that the last time I was here.

In the meantime, I have finished working on Headphone-/Pre amp. Now it's really become quite good and sounds great. Now it is absolutely not comparable with the original, it sounds phenomenal, clean, fine and with a great soundstage. Problems have prepared the input and output jacks, because they were too unstable and have not kept properly. That is not tolerable. Here I have decided to go for expensive Neutrik connectors, as seen in the photos. The result is truly amazing in every way. I havent expected that there can be such a sound difference by upgrading to better connectors.

Too many devices have gathered here and so I am thinking of selling some.

In fact, however, many hours of work are in this device. Except for the transformer and a few little things I've reviewed absolutely everything, what made sence; from the volume pot to the tube sockets, from the resistors to the capacitors, the internal wiring to different tubes until the result was really excellent.

Well, now comes a new year and I will again buy something to work on it. I have new ideas, which I will try to realize.

So this amp will be for sell.
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:25:32 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:26:48 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:27:16 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:27:52 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:28:34 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:29:14 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:29:50 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:30:32 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:30:59 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:31:51 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:32:18 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:33:11 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:33:36 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:34:12 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:34:49 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-19 10:35:25 | 顯示全部樓層

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
 樓主| Kiko 發表於 2009-11-22 10:52:12 | 顯示全部樓層
The next project will be a State of the Art digital source - a never seen project on DIY Forums - as I know.

CD Transport will be a TEAC VRDS 10 SE (VRDS CMK-3.2 drive  – KSS-151A pickup) and the DAC is an Audio-GD machine with 4 PCM1704 and 16 independent power supplies, without any voltage regulators, but with an class A output stage.

The clock will be a Ultra low jitter 16.934400000 Mhz Rubidium Frequency Clock, as I know the first experiment with an Atomic clock in DIY.

Task will be to find the ideal position for the clock. I will try both positions - in the transport and the DAC. Both machines will work on the same clock phase because this DAC has a separate reclocking module which can be connected to an external clock signal.

This will be very exciting. I look forward...

I will post in a new thread when the time has come.

Best Regards
alfcat 發表於 2009-11-23 11:37:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear KiKo,

Long time no see. I am also planning on other projects as well like CD PRO 2, 1955Pro. Hope to share more here after Dec.

Been VERY busy in the past 3 months and I seldom logon any forums. Missed a lot of issues around.

CAT
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 19:47 , Processed in 0.039380 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表