查看: 19405|回復: 31
打印 上一主題 下一主題

終於改我架 CD 33 啦啦!

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
alfcat 發表於 2007-6-14 20:33:19 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Dear Fans,

I finally do my FIRST DIY project --- Modifying my CD 33. Honestly, I don't have any experience in doing Electronics, please don't laugh at me if I did something stupid. I am actually an ARTS student ... my Physics is only up to F.3.

I can do this DIY project because of TWO persons; two persons that I really need to THANK here in public --- "Viewer", who is an active member here and my colleague "秋官". Without their step to step guidance, I just couldn't do it.

This is the first stage only. Will continue to post if this is welcome by you guys. Just hope you all experts out there enjoy this first project of mine.

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
2#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-14 22:00:23 | 只看該作者
Second Stage.

The Nichicon Muse Cap replacing the 4700uf/25v and the Elna replacing the 4700u/16v.

I hope I got the polarity right .... I have heard that if I reversed the + and the - the whole cap will blow up ...  :shock:

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
3#
viewer 發表於 2007-6-14 22:35:55 | 只看該作者
Hi alfcat,

the four rubycon e-caps which behind of the new e-caps must replace to better e-cap.

My original cd-33 is used ELNA SILMIC e-cap is top grade of ELNA e-cap family, but you cd33  all are used rubycon lower grade e-caps.

good job, very good looking and carry on!!!!!!!!

thanks
4#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-14 22:45:48 | 只看該作者
Third Stage la. So far so good for this evening.

Using a Jensen Copper coil 0.33uf/630v to replace the original M-cap.

:

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
5#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-14 23:58:55 | 只看該作者
Final Stage. Never thought that I can finish this project in less than 4 hours.

There are two caps to choose from; Black Gate 100uf / 60v or the Non Polar. People said the Non Polar should sound better, so I give it a try.

Finally, everything done. I check the PCB and realised I made a minor scratch on it. Hope that it won't affect the board too much.

Very happy now. Will take the board back for my colleague to double check before putting it back to the CD 33.

Total Expenditure:

Nichicon cap = $ 75
Elna Audio cap = $ 23
Jensen 0.22uf = $ 460
Jensen 0.33uf = $ 255
OPAMP PCB = $ 35
Solen SCR 0.1uf = $ 32
Black Gate Non Polar 10uf / 50v = $ 48

Grand Total = $ 928.00  :

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
6#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 00:03:55 | 只看該作者
Dear Viewer,

You mean the Four Caps right behind my new e-caps?

They are 2 X 1000uf / 16V and 2 X 2200uf / 25V. What should I use then? Elna SILMIC e-caps? If so, where can I get those and HOW much will they be?

Many thanks!
7#
DUALXEON 發表於 2007-6-15 04:27:50 | 只看該作者
http://www.hififever.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1333
8#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 09:08:30 | 只看該作者
Dear Dualxeon,

Are you suggesting me to take the CD 33 for a "medical checkup"?

As there is only the link but you didn't say anything ... :cry:
9#
viewer 發表於 2007-6-15 10:08:34 | 只看該作者
morning, alfcat,

very god job.

Yes, the Four Caps right behind my new e-caps.

They are 2 X 1000uf / 16V and 2 X 2200uf / 25V. What should I use then? Elna SILMIC e-caps? If so, where can I get those and HOW much will they be?

can try Nichicon Muse, Philip, Elna audio grade e-cap the web site as: http://www.elna-america.com/products/products.htm.
nichicon muse and elna ra3 around $20 to $40 each.
if you wanty to buy real and brand new elna e-caps, you can go to central,
address will give you soon.

I have one question, why you put the blackgate non polar 10uf/50v on
the bottom of the pcb (which is behind of the tube.) the original rating is 100uf/63v.

Replace rubycon e-caps which beside of the back tube(black colour) by  the blackgate non polar 10uf/50v because there are outup caps so they will effect the sound much.

Thanks for sharing.
10#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 10:35:34 | 只看該作者
Good morning Viewer,

I think I mis-interpreted your message. I think I misplaced the BG Non-Polar.

According to the photo I attached, I should put the Non-Polar at the location marked with the arrow. And, I should put back say a BG 220uf / 630v at the "X" location.

Is that correct?
11#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 10:38:38 | 只看該作者
How come I missed the PHOTO?

本帖子中包含更多資源

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有帳號?註冊

x
12#
viewer 發表於 2007-6-15 11:21:55 | 只看該作者
hi, alfcat,

It is correct.

Thanks.
13#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 11:34:56 | 只看該作者
There should be TWO of those. I dug back the previous photos posted by you, I think you changed BOTH of them.
14#
viewer 發表於 2007-6-15 11:56:35 | 只看該作者
yes.
15#
kk_ho 發表於 2007-6-15 14:38:40 | 只看該作者
CAT CAT,

you know 秋官, i know who you are, you are teaching Engish in 秋官 school.

Welcom to DIY 無間地獄 !!!

Before your next step. Please read :
1. Please ensure your solder iron is no ESD, otherwise it may damage the DAC module, op-amp, etc.

2. Please dis-charge the bulk cap before your DIY work.
For high voltage cap, you should use a electric light bulb to discharge.
For low voltage cap, you should use a simple 100R resistor to discharge it.
After discharge all, please SHORT VCC and GND of the cap, it let the whole system power train short to GND, it prevent any ESD happen.
But remember de-solder the short pin when you power on.

3. By module.
- Classify the module.
Power stage, De-coupling stage (power), Clock, Digital board, Analog board.

Do it one by one, otherwise, if any mistake occur, hard to debug.

KK.Ho
16#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 16:18:34 | 只看該作者
Meow .... Dear KK Sir,

Yes, I am 秋官's colleague BUT I don't teach English; actually NEVER taught English. Instead, I am an Economics and Computer Teacher (hard to imagine having this combination).

1. How do I ensure the solder iron is No Elect. Static Discharge?

2. Do I need to do this if the caps are new? I will try to locate the VCC and the GND. I am an idoit in this area.

3. Okay, I will try to ask people about the different sections.

Will have my fingers crossed. God Bless.

Thank you for your advise. If I blow up my CD machine, I will call you ... and you can come by and play with my CATS ... :wink:

Many thanks again
17#
kk_ho 發表於 2007-6-15 16:34:54 | 只看該作者
1. How do I ensure the solder iron is No Elect. Static Discharge?

Take the photo and post here, I will know. Or
Measuring the conductivity / isolation between the IRON body and the AC line pin of your iron. If showing MEGA ohm, possible be a isolation type.

2. Do I need to do this if the caps are new? I will try to locate the VCC and the GND. I am an idoit in this area.
Always make the machine short into GND point during modification.

3. Okay, I will try to ask people about the different sections.

According to my experience, I will tell the customer modifiy one by one. The first and more more easy to succesful step and section is power supply stage.

Give you a hint, do not use over spec capacitor.
i.e. Orginial is 100uF / 16V, don't place 2200uF / 16V, especially in Digital section, otherwise, the Digital IC will be "latch-up".
18#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 22:16:35 | 只看該作者
Dear KK Sir,

1. There is something wrong with my DC. Always says "Replace Batteries". I am using a Goot KS-30R. Instead of sending you a photo here, I can only give you the link:

http://www.goot.co.jp/ENGLISH/catalog/INDUSTRIAL/KYP_KS/KYP_KS.html

Hope you can tell me whether this is NO ESD type.

2. I think I need to attend the courses organizied by HiFiFever. Unless I see someone doing it, I am not sure I know HOW to do that. If I took the whole PCB out, how do I short into GND? Do I need those Crocodile Clips and a pair of wire ... Please advise.

3. Thank you. This is a good advice. I will bare that in mind for sure.

I am longing for courses but honestly I have one hesitation. As I don't know ANY electronics at all, I am afraid that I will be a burden if I join any of these classes as others may already be half an expert. In that case, I may cause delay in the progress .... and that is one thing I don't want to see....

I stopped the MODI and plugged the CD back on power for now. To me, sound quality improved but I still need some "experts" to come and listen; then tell me how they feel about it. I think the machine hasn't yet reaches its optimum ....

Anyway, many thanks for your advice. Hope to see you in person soon.
19#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-15 22:22:15 | 只看該作者
Dear Viewer,

I got the second row of caps .. but I will have to wait for a later date to put them in. All of a sudden, the EMB told us that they will come to our school for an inspection. We need to prepare for everything as we have less than 2 weeks time.

I plugged the CD 33 back on power. The sound quality improved significantly. The High Pitch Distortion no longer existed. Sound is open and quite smooth. I still need some "expert ears" to give me some comments later. And, I will try to go to other people's home and listen to theirs, using the same CD.

Thank you so much... sorry to have bothered you so many times.
20#
viewer 發表於 2007-6-15 23:05:43 | 只看該作者
hi  lafcat,

恭喜你成功提升cd33.
是否覺得陳潔丽站在你面前唱呢?
煲多100幾拾小時聲音更靚及迷人.

如果用opa627更靚聲,快快 try 呀!!!!!!!!
低頻更solid and power.高音更美妙.
上圖給大家 to enjoy.
thanks for sharing.
21#
viewer 發表於 2007-6-15 23:14:39 | 只看該作者
hi alfcat,
如果想靚過cd88一定要加 1ppm clock with pcb,成果遠超過換op amp, caps.
下一步可 try. just HK$200.

thanks.
22#
DUALXEON 發表於 2007-6-16 02:16:07 | 只看該作者
Dear Cat

Yes.

[quote:36adc54d8b="alfcat"]Dear Dualxeon,

Are you suggesting me to take the CD 33 for a "medical checkup"?

As there is only the link but you didn't say anything ... :cry:[/quote]
23#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-16 08:58:51 | 只看該作者
Dear Dualxeon,

I intended to do that do.

However, 原來摩機真係會"發燒"的. 今朝體溫 99F. 成身散晒 .....
24#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-16 23:23:35 | 只看該作者
做了 SICK CAT. All modification has to halt for at least TWO days ....

Feeling really terrible .... :cry:
25#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-21 22:24:26 | 只看該作者
Many thanks to our stupid EMB which says they need a sudden inspection, all my MODI program has now come to a halt.

However, I replaced my OPA2107 with DUAL OPA637BP. Can't really tell the difference yet as I am busy preparing the documents for the inspection.

Can't wait to try out changing the CLOCK ... ha..ha ...
26#
kk_ho 發表於 2007-6-22 00:32:37 | 只看該作者
Cat Cat,

You should test SA5534

NE5534 < SE5534 < SA5534.

Sure, you cannot solder into your PCB, if your adaptor have socket, I can lend you to test.

KK.Ho
27#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-22 15:31:06 | 只看該作者
Thank you KK Sir, my CD 33 is the one with the socket version. I know that the previous ones don't have the socket there.

How about LM 4562? Someone said it is almost the best around. Have you tried that out?

I don't have any of these 5534. If you can, please let me try try after you check the CD for me. Many, many thanks
28#
DUALXEON 發表於 2007-6-23 06:03:28 | 只看該作者
Kitty

You have got Audiophile Ear can hear >>>Can't really tell the difference yet. <<<  Kitty lucky. my result is same to you.

Upload you clock photo. see see.

[quote:8558f77f6c="alfcat"]Many thanks to our stupid EMB which says they need a sudden inspection, all my MODI program has now come to a halt.

However, I replaced my OPA2107 with DUAL OPA637BP. Can't really tell the difference yet as I am busy preparing the documents for the inspection.

Can't wait to try out changing the CLOCK ... ha..ha ...[/quote]
29#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-23 19:01:15 | 只看該作者
DualXEON 兄, 請不要見笑啦, 我的不是什麼金耳朵 ..... But as a CAT, I do have VERY sensitive hearing ..... and smell as well  :cry:

Having sensitive hearing can be a blessing or a 詛咒 .... each time there is a thunderstorm or a heavy rain, I wake up while my wife is sleeping sound and happy .... My naughty cat meows at night, I wake up as well (normally at 3am) ... and won't be able to get back to sleep.

What I am trying to do is to turn this sensitive hearing to something constructive .... 跟各位大哥學吓點聽歌 ... 希望有朝一日也可以同人分享吓 D 心得 .....

未得閒改 CLOCK 呀 .... Will post the photos when I do ... :wink:
30#
kpw168 發表於 2007-6-27 23:01:19 | 只看該作者
師兄:我有部CD-33想升級,但不知從何入手,想問如果我跟足上述元件摩機,可從那里購買,包括:電容、膽。
31#
kpw168 發表於 2007-6-27 23:02:46 | 只看該作者
師兄:請用中文唔該!
32#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-28 08:00:46 | 只看該作者
kpw168,

我打中文好水皮 ... 只管一試. 跟 KK Sir 講, CD 33 好多時都有跟機來的問題, 最好先 Check Check 部機先, 唔係改黎都無用. 你可以 send email 俾 Hi Fi Fever Admin. 約時間. Hi Fi Fever 想攪 CD 33 / 66 / 88 機班但日期未定.

English Version

According to KK Sir, CD 33 often comes with some "Genetic" problem(s). It is better for us to do a "checkup" for it before any modification. Else, all our effort will just go downn the drain.

You can send an email to Hi Fi Fever and make an appointment with them directly. I have heard that they would like to organize MODI class for CD 33 / 66 / 88. Date not yet confirmed.
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 15:02 , Processed in 0.041870 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表