查看: 7576|回復: 9
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Bookshelf speakers 用唔用釘?

[複製鏈接]
跳轉到指定樓層
1#
alfcat 發表於 2007-6-6 22:28:29 | 只看該作者 回帖獎勵 |倒序瀏覽 |閱讀模式
Hello everyone,

I am using a pair of DIY ProAc speaker and I put them on the top shelf of my Hi Fi rack. The shelf is around 1.5" thick and very solid.

Just wonder do I need to put "nails" underneath my pair of speakers? What difference will "nails" give? I used to put my speakers (old set) on stands ..... wow, the difference is quite significant.

Please advise. Many thanks.
2#
kk_ho 發表於 2007-6-7 13:34:37 | 只看該作者

Re: Bookshelf speakers 用唔用釘?

Must use.

BTW, your "white cat" is more funny.
3#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-7 15:53:44 | 只看該作者
Dear KK Sir,

My colleagues are your students, ha..ha..

What would you recommend for "nails"? You know, my set of speaker is just around $ 2.5K.

Please advise. Many thanks

My cat is "saluting" me when I take this photo. I just woke him up and he is not really happy about it....
4#
ja4244 發表於 2007-6-9 11:57:46 | 只看該作者
Try anti-slip mat used in car.  Like it or not up to you.
5#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-9 14:19:49 | 只看該作者
This is one suggestion I will try.

I have heard that putting "nails" underneath the Bookshelf speakers can improve the Base performance. Is that true?

Many years ago, I realised that the sound quality of my AR speakers improved tremendously after I put them on a pair of BBC speaker stands. I know that stands are good for speakers, just that I can't afford to use one now because of the living room setting.
6#
ja4244 發表於 2007-6-9 23:15:42 | 只看該作者
Golden rule of HiFi fever is to try and try and try...  My Contour I is sitting on a big stone borad (6' x 1.5') on top of a fixed, low wooden cabinet.  Some cheap, heavy duty shock absorbing rubbers (design for washing machine to sit on) were placed between stone and cabinet.  Tried brass nail before but sound too sharp with no bass.  Tried anti-slip mat that it work much better.  Set-up is different that effect should be different.  However, those mats are very cheap compared to any HiFi accessory.  Worth a try.
7#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-10 19:40:10 | 只看該作者
Hello,

You just put one layer of those matt beneath the speaker or you roll it up like a "spring roll" and then put the speaker on top.

One of my colleagues tried putting two steel rolls underneath the speakers, ha.ha.

Thanks for sharing
8#
ja4244 發表於 2007-6-10 23:43:06 | 只看該作者
One layer only.  Too much will cancel off the moving coil action, thus, weaken some frequencies.  Should start with just 3 or 4 small pieces at different positions.
However, it still can't compare to sitting on a speaker stand with feet of clearance around...
9#
kk_ho 發表於 2007-6-11 01:41:44 | 只看該作者
Can you post a photo to show your setting ?

BTW, could u mind post more of your cat photo here ?
10#
 樓主| alfcat 發表於 2007-6-12 11:52:15 | 只看該作者
Thanks for your advice ja4244, I will try out different settings and let you know my feelings / experience of using the matt.

For KK Sir, I will post my cats photos in the other Forum --- 發燒瑣事 instead ... as this one is DIY. Just give me a day or two to dig up those photos.

:wink:
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-4-19 19:57 , Processed in 0.029537 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表