註冊
查看: 10607|回復: 23
打印 上一主題 下一主題

Bringing up Kids in Hong Kong

[複製鏈接]
1#
cheapie 發表於 2008-6-1 20:24:35 | 顯示全部樓層

Parents please take charge

The Chinese has a saying: Age 3 sets 80.  The parents produce children, ultimately they are responsible for how their children turn out.  The first few years of a person's life really determines who he / she will be for the rest of his / her life.

Most parents these days leave kids from 6 months or earlier to their maids, who of course will not do anything to offend their little bosses or feel obliged to breed / train them the necessary skills such as problem-solving or self-discipline.

This is an alarming trend and parents and parents-to-be better be aware of it.
2#
cheapie 發表於 2008-6-2 20:22:44 | 顯示全部樓層

Different Views

I beg to be different, regarding western education.  

Having gone through 5 years of 'stuffed-duck' secondary education in HK, and 2 years of eye-opening matriculation classes, also in HK, I went to Canada for university studies.  There I stayed for 27 years before returning to HK.  During that itme I raised a family, have two sons now in their mid 20s that I am very proud of.  I have met their fellow students through their school years and found them to be just aspiring, polite and industrious as the ones I had when I was a student.  

So I cannot say whether the Chinese or the western education systems are better or worse.  But from personal experience I'd like to repeat myself, parents make all the difference.  We must not blame schools, teachers or education systems, at whatever stage of reform they are going through.
3#
cheapie 發表於 2008-6-4 20:47:21 | 顯示全部樓層

Our Respect

Dear Alan

Seems like you are currently having a rough time, being setup for something not of your own doing, based on the tone of your past posts to this thread.

Rest assure that you have here a group of true friends who ask nothing from you and will do nothing to harm you.  

I, for one, will wait patiently for your voice again.  On the other hand, if you are willing to confide in someone to unburden yourself, I am also all ears and will keep everything confidential.

With deep respect
cheapie
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-15 03:49 , Processed in 0.020164 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表