打印 上一主題 下一主題

特別課程召集 - CDM-X CD 轉盤製作班 (只限CD理論/DAC課程學員) - 已完結

[複製鏈接]
1#
leonlau 發表於 2008-2-25 02:59:17 | 顯示全部樓層
Does this mean diy a CD player??
2#
leonlau 發表於 2008-2-25 12:16:23 | 顯示全部樓層
Thks KK.  I'm a newbie in DIY and just started to register some courses at here.  Only have some soldering skills on electronic toys many years ago (when I was young... :-))   Will this DIY course too complicate for a beginner like me?
3#
leonlau 發表於 2008-2-25 23:25:27 | 顯示全部樓層
Tks KK Sir.  Pls count me too.  BTW, I'll not be in HK during Apr 15-30 2008.  Hope the course does not fall within this period as I'm really very interesting in this one... :-)  I'd already missed the DAC course la... :-(

Can we have an idea on the price ranges of the standard and hi-end version first?
4#
leonlau 發表於 2008-2-25 23:28:43 | 顯示全部樓層
Just 3 more questions:

1) Can it be made as a top-loading one?
2) I only have a Li-Te DAC-AH DAC.  Can it be used with this CD transport?  Or, those in the DAC course are much better combination with this one?
3) How does it compare with Shanling's CD300?

Many thks,
Leon
5#
leonlau 發表於 2008-2-26 02:31:32 | 顯示全部樓層
Great!  I don't need to wait for the next separate DAC and tube output courses la...

Better to include the pre-amp and speaker courses and it will be a perfect 一條龍 hi-fi course... :twisted:  :twisted:

... well, just joking... that will be too intensive :!:  :!:
6#
leonlau 發表於 2008-2-26 11:54:14 | 顯示全部樓層
Wa!  小沢圓 & GT5 Prologue as background!  KK Sir must have started modding PS3 la!
7#
leonlau 發表於 2008-3-11 19:29:12 | 顯示全部樓層
Pls count me if there is any demo session available.... thx
8#
leonlau 發表於 2008-3-22 02:11:17 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi KK Sir,

Thanks for the demo session arranged today.  Pls reserve me a seat for the CDM-9.  For the other upgrade items such as LCD panel, LED light, cap, plugs, ..., do we need to confirm them now or can we confirm them at the 1st session (just don't know whether you need to order these non-default items beforehand)?

Moreover, I'll be out of town during Apr 15-30.  Best if the course can be started after this period.

As I'm a DIY newbie, it'll be too intensive for me to construct the pre-amp + power amp + CD transport all in a short period.  So I decide to cancel my reservation in the power amp course and focus on this one first.  This can help me to get more time to run in the toys one by one each time in order to experience the differences.

Many thks,
Leon
9#
leonlau 發表於 2008-3-24 01:39:39 | 顯示全部樓層
The demo uses the same MCU/digital output/reclock/power supply boards, only the differences are the loader and stabilizers (KK, pls correct me if I'm wrong).

1) CDM-9 + downgraded stabilizer: can only locate the vocal voice, difficult to position other instruments
2) CDPro-2 + default stabilizer: overall resolution improved comparing with 1).  However, the vocal voice is weak.
3) CDM-9 + default stabliizer: compared with 1), the resolution had been improved quite a lot.  Positioning of both vocal and instruments clearly.

As only vocal music is tested using the 3 setups, personally, I prefer 3) if compared with 1) and 2) directly.

As the kit can allow us to interchange CDM-9 and CDPro-2 with little changes and no need to change other sub-systems, I think this can provide us some flexibilities to adjust or fine-tune our own music listening experience when we use this CD transport to fit into our own hifi system at a later stage.

Leon
10#
leonlau 發表於 2008-3-24 01:54:14 | 顯示全部樓層
KK, I have a crazy thought.  Is it technically feasible to implement both CD loaders with the other sub-systems in a box by adding a switching mechanism to switch all the signal/power cables from CDM-9 to/from CDPro-2 (just like to have a double CD loader player) without affecting the sound base?  Of course, we can use only 1 loader each time.  If this is possible, we can use the strength of each loader to listen to different kind of music just in 1 box!

Am I too crazy!?  I'm absolute green on electronic area and only think from an user's point of view.
11#
leonlau 發表於 2008-4-20 23:02:20 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi William,

I'm also not in HK for the first class on 25 April.  Pls help to send me the photo and cost of the large case, as well as the detail costs for the other 補品.

Many thks,
Leon
12#
leonlau 發表於 2008-5-5 10:51:25 | 顯示全部樓層
As the coming weekend will be Mother's Day, I think most of us will not be available on either May 10 or 11.

How about the last lesson on May 17 (Sat)?
13#
leonlau 發表於 2008-5-16 12:44:51 | 顯示全部樓層
I want Canare RCA socket.  BTW, I don't have your mobile no. yet and so can't SMS you.  Hope you can see this reply before leaving.

See you tomorrow.

Leon
14#
leonlau 發表於 2008-5-27 12:03:34 | 顯示全部樓層
Special thanks to KK for guiding and helping me to finish my CDM9.  Just can't imagine a super DIY beginner like me can construct a CD transport by myself as this is my first usable electronic toy after I resumed back to use soldering iron 20+ years before.  Also thank you to 叔叔 for guiding me on the 金工 stuffs.

Frankly speaking, while already knew this workshop is not a simple plug and play one, it has more 金工 works than I expected.  However, this can also help me to rethink how to utilize alternate cases which we sometimes can't find a perfectly fit cases for our systems.
15#
leonlau 發表於 2008-5-27 12:23:36 | 顯示全部樓層
Hi KK, I'd started to test the new toy for a while.  Just have a few questions as below:

1) After I changed the default clock to the external clock, I feel the bass is a little bit more solid and the sound seems a little bit more focus.  Is this the way the re-clock should work?  Or the difference should be more prominent?

2) For the first few tracks, the high turning speed make a quite audible high frequency noise together with the normal motor noise.  This high frequency noise gradually faded out after track 4-5.  Is this my CDM9's problem rather than a common issue and how should I fix it?

Many thks,
Leon
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-4-25 16:29 , Processed in 0.035617 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表