1#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-1-26 12:39:26 | 顯示全部樓層
非常期待MODI兄的下文 :  :
2#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-1-30 09:33:29 | 顯示全部樓層
MODI Sir,

比起马来西亚,香港的DIY爱好者算多了! 除了名牌效应外,环境因素也是其中之一。
若那个地方容易找到师傅,parts, component....勇于尝DIY的人数就会曾加。

不知MODI SIR可否和我们这些磨机/DIY新手分享一些磨机用的零件/牌子?它的特性,价比等。。我等新手开始时都会选择一些价不高,音质还不错的component...但又不是很清楚个别牌子的特性,在网站可的的资料通常是polypropene/film-foil cap 而E-CAP (如大水塘)等较少。。

MODI SIR 可先说大水塘吗?除了高价的 blackgate外, 还有什么较便宜实用又容易找的牌子和model? (比如可在FARNELL/RS找到) 还有它们的sound characteristic...
e.g:
1) BC Component-->which model?
2) AEROVOX (BHC) --> which model?

Thanks.
3#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-1-30 12:29:19 | 顯示全部樓層
Dear KK sir,

The issue is that how can we relate the datasheet to the sound characteristic/sound characteristic? in the data sheet we normally will only know the ripple current, resistance (esr), but this may not explain how it sound, right? or your can give any hint on this.

If let me guess, i will say higer ripple current & lower resistant --> sound faster, bass faster & tigher, am i right.

but which data will tell use the cap will sound warm? is it lower ripple current--> sound warmer because current flow slower?

Some time we don't know how to know the sound characteristic of a ecap base on the datasheet. For e.g rubycons ZL/ZLH have very high ripple current & very low resistant, but when i try i found it's resolution is quite good(but HF is harsh bass also fast&powerful but mid is thin)
whereas BC/philips cap/Elna ecap, if see the datasheet seems like not as good as rubycon but seems sound slightly better....resolution is there, more smooth...

so can KK sir share with us how to judge the sound characteristic by looking at the datasheet? which part of the datasheet should be look at?

Thanks for advise, i had ask my friend to buy 2 jensen big tank from william estimate to receive during Chinese new year. By the way, do u think if i parallel the jensen big tank(reservoir) with Blackgate 0.47Hi-Q, the bass will be more powerful (audionote website has a suggestion to parralele 0.47uf nx hi Q to non blackgate reservoir like nichicon?

i expect jensen reservoir (orange colour) should be soft, smooth & warm, am i right??
((After replace the all the ecap in my audiolab 8000A with blackgate standard, some evox mmk replace by ERO MKT1813, it is very good resolution now & sound stage now, but i need to add some warm & sweetness with tight bass so i choose jensen reservoir parallel with blackgate nx-hi-q, is this a correct way?

Thank you
4#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-2-2 09:44:11 | 顯示全部樓層
Modi sir,

U are right!

Can you share with us, from your experience the ratio of the component below related to the effect to the sound improvement.

1) Transformer : E-cap (reservoir) : polyproprene cap at signal side : resistor
2) ratio of each section e.g : power supply : signal circuit : output cicuit

If we can roughtly know which 1 affect the sound more then when we (newbie) DIY we can select the best brand for the most important component, then othe secondary component can temporary use cheap thing (鸡野), later can upgrade 1 by 1 and not so hurt.

Since the transformer & polypropene cap have much longer life span, do u agree that for budgeted new DIYer shall spend more to get the best for this 2 so that next time when upgrade just change other part?

Thank you.
5#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-2-5 15:05:27 | 顯示全部樓層
正如MODI SIR所说,不同牌子的零件有其不同的音质。 我等新手若要一一尝试每个牌子真的花钱又花时间。若能得高手们的经验分享就可走少冤枉路了。

因此,想请MODI SIR分享一下各种用过的不同牌子零件的音质:

1) 柔和的 (高价&低价各给1-2个牌子)
E-CAP=?brand
resistor=?brand
transformer =?brand/model
film&foil cap =?
tube=?

2) 快而强近的低音
E-cap =? brand
resistor=?brand
film&foil cap =?
tube=?

3) 高分析力的
E-cap = 1) BG
resistor=?brand
film&foil cap =?
tube=?

4) 富音乐感的

5) 偏中音的
and......

若能有上属资料, 那么DIY新手时调起音来就能事半功倍走少很多冤枉路。。。
6#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-2-5 17:49:04 | 顯示全部樓層
KK Sir,

Do u mean that the same component when apply to different circuit will give different characteristic? Which mean the characteristic of a component will change when use in different area, right? It mean the same component may sound thin in circuit A and may sound thick in another system, right?

Initially i'm thinking if the component have consistent charcteristic then i can use i to achieve the sound i need. For e.g for system with poor resolution then i can get some good resolution cap to increase it, for thin sound system then use cap with warm & thick sound to neutralize it....
7#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-2-12 10:46:00 | 顯示全部樓層
MODI Sir/其他高手,

若我想把ELNA BLACK NEG 10000UF(说塘)换掉,有什么好选择?
1) BC 2222 050-LONG LIFE?
2)BHC AEROVOX ALT 22 -LONG LIFE?
or any other options?

本来想用JENSEN但没货了!
目的是想把AMP(8000A)的 音质变厚&柔一点。。。
8#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-2-12 15:55:08 | 顯示全部樓層
Thank you KK for your special method.....it is attractive but not easy to apply.....especially in 8000A which is lack of space.....will try to workout 5x2200uf or 2x5800uf which is easier...
9#
SSWONG 發表於 2007-2-14 09:13:20 | 顯示全部樓層
对不起 MODI SIR,我会尽量写华文。我写华文的速度太慢了。。。
您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 註冊

本版積分規則

GMT+8, 2024-5-21 05:39 , Processed in 0.026220 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.

© 2001-2011 Powered by Discuz! X3.2. Theme By Yeei!

快速回復 返回頂部 返回列表